Saturday 4 July 2015

Red White and Blue

We couldn't let this date go by with a little tribute to our friends across the pond, so the colour choice at Less is More this week is red, white and blue.
Here I used a little cruise ship die cut from Quickutz... I'm on Cunard's Queen Victoria in the Med at the moment celebrating a couple of very large birthdays, so I couldn't resist this image!
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and Tattered Lace, each word layered from several diecuts of card.
This is a simple die cut card using a background layer for the butterflies made from sploshes of Aqua Tint inks, spritzed with water and then sprayed with a little Spray and Sparkle which gives a fabulous sheen!
The butterflies are from Memory Box. The stitched panel is from an MFT die.
I do apologise for not visiting so many of you but I won't be using wifi too much aboard ship!

12 comments:

  1. These are die-cut-tastic Chrissie! Love your vertical panel of butterflies, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards as always Chrissie, loving those butterflies in particular with the delicate water colours behind the intricate die.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these great cards...but I think that butterfly card is my favorite! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these great cards...but I think that butterfly card is my favorite! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're having a fantabulous time my friend!
    The liner makes a fun card and those butterflies
    are a fab idea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie - the first one is so appropriate! Enjoy your Med cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous cards Chrissie - the first one is so appropriate! Enjoy your Med cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you ! I imagine the big birthdays are 30 and 40 or 20 and 30 even !!! Two fabulous cards both very dynamic and beautifully CAS.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Chrissie. Hope you have a great time xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous cards, but I have a hugs love for butterflies...so the second one has to be my absolute favourite...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards Chrissie :-) I love the nautical one and being on a cruise yourself, perfect :-)
    I am sure you're having a fabulous time, I just googled the ship, it looks gorgeous! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your sweet little cruise ship, Chrissie and the butterfly card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie